Monday, March 6, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #559

Ahoy, mateys! Feast ye your scurvy eyes on me entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #559 for the sixth of March, 2017. The piratical drawing be by Kim Warp.

"Egad! Who has the sunken treasure map?"


March 13, 2017 Update:  The Finalists



March 20, 2017 Update:  I voted for the first caption.


March 27, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Say hi to Kim Warp. This is her first appearance on the blog. Hi, Kim.

Last week cartoonist Benjamin Schwartz got stuck in the nursery. My caption just couldn't grow up. No second childhood should be without Contest #558.

The last time I wrote a caption in iambic pentameter, it wasn't very Shakespearean either.

There be pirates here, you say?

02117

No comments:

Post a Comment