Tuesday, May 2, 2017

My Entries in the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest for March/April 2017

If the Moment Cartoon Caption Contest is foolish enough to allow multiple entries, does that mean I should be foolish enough to submit eleven of them? The drawing for March/April 2017 is by Benjamin Schwartz. Stop me if you've heard this one...

"My people don't know from Happy Hour."
"This reminds me of a joke I once heard..."
"No more for me. I have a bris in an hour."
"Another round and the punch line may come to me."
"Agreed. You bless the beer and then I'll bless the wine."
"It's good all right, but it's no Manischewitz."
"I bet you get a lot of real characters in here."
"Let's begin our sermons at the moment we walked in."
"Why can't you two learn to blend in?"
"I give up too. What are we doing here?"
"Heard any good ones lately?"


Glossary:  A bris is a ritual circumcision. Manischewitz is a very sweet brand of wine. That concludes our tutorial in Jewish humor.


May 19, 2017 Update:  The Finalists


I guess I had them at happy hour. Apparently it isn't capitalized. Except when it is. I've been edited, but I think I like it better this way. More understated. Subtle. Just like your humble blogger...

Now it's your turn. Use your finely-honed sense of humor to select the one caption of these three that you find the most hilarious. Vote here by June 20 and while you're at it why not enter the new contest? It's out of this world! 


July 16, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption


Note:  There are more caption contests on this blog by Benjamin Schwartz than by anyone else. Someone should buy him a beer.

Sometimes you have to make hard choices. For example, one link will take you to every single cartoon caption contest I ever entered. 
Another will take you to just my Moment Magazine contests. If you can't decide, you could just go to a bar.


02175

No comments:

Post a Comment