Monday, August 28, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #581

I'm handing down my entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #581 for August 28, 2017. The drawing is by Benjamin Schwartz.

"It's not a commandment, but if you
love Me you'll wear it."



I had to leave the computer for a few hours and when I returned, I saw that my daughters had left me a few captions:
"The sorting sweater assigns you... Team Turtleneck!"
"We shall call you Waldo."
"Wear this to your manicure; make a left at The Gates."
"This sweater has no commandments, but it's cute."



September 4, 2017 Update:  The Finalists



September 11, 2017 Update:  I voted for the first caption.


September 18, 2017 Update:  Winning Caption



Note:  Last week, cartoonist Frank Cotham set up a comfy hammock in the throne room. I must have nodded off while writing my caption. Set your alarm for Contest #580.

Benjamin Schwartz has been known to create a caption contest or two.

02287

No comments:

Post a Comment