Monday, December 4, 2017

My Entry in the New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #595

Give a nice warm hug to my entry in The New Yorker Cartoon Caption Contest #595 for December 4, 2017. The drawing is by Drew Dernavich.



"Don't give him anything on layaway."





December 11, 2017 Update: The Finalists




December 25, 2017 Update: In keeping with my admittedly biased practice of believing the funniest caption to be the one most similar to my own, I have voted for the third caption.


January 1, 2018 Update:  Winning Caption




Note:  Last week cartoonist Maggie Lawson gave us talking trees. My caption was all bark. Anyway, I think you'll really dig Contest #594.

Drew Dernavich has one of the most distinctive styles in cartooning today. That fact didn't help me to distinguish myself in any of his Caption Contests though. You can read his whole history with Attempted Bloggery here.

Attempted Bloggery supports net neutrality.




02388

No comments:

Post a Comment